Any business worth its salt these days needs to have a content marketing strategy. It’s not enough to have a static website with general information or advertisements for products or upcoming sales or special events. You need to post regular high quality content and reach out to social media channels to make your name and brand well known in your community and industry.
When you take the time to figure out how much effort is required to mount an effective content marketing campaign, you might be surprised. Content marketing involves a lot of different tasks, some of them quite small. However, together they can rob you of a lot of time that you could be spending on your core business activities.
Here are some of the things that you need to do in order to run an effective content marketing strategy:
• Research trends in your industry so that you can come up with ideas for timely and relevant blog articles.
• Analyze keywords to find the most effective ones to use in your articles. It’s not difficult to do, but it can be time consuming.
• Write high quality articles. It takes time to craft an excellent article that you’ll be proud to post on your website. What you post will not only bring traffic to your site (or not, depending on how well your content is researched and written), but it gives visitors a first impression of who you are and what your business is all about. Poorly written content is just bad PR.
• Once you’ve written your articles, you need to post them on your company blog. Depending on what platform you’re using, doing all of the fiddly tasks related to SEO can be very time consuming.
• It’s not enough to just post articles on your blog – you need to take the time to push them out to social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.
Now, you have to do all of this on a regular schedule.
There is an alternative. You could hire a Virtual Assistant who specializes in writing blog articles and social media marketing. Contact the VA Team in Calgary today to find out how easy it is to have high quality content posted on your website and social media.
By David A. West Join me on Google+